Of course, there’s nothing new about distance learning. This definition dates back to the 18th century Europe when students and teachers communicated by mail.
But, in the spring of 2020, students from all over the world had to leave classrooms and study through special websites. So, you can imagine the scale of this problem.
Now e-learning services come to our rescue. Its work is supported by sophisticated technologies, and assignments are prepared according to the special standards. Also, the website must include relevant features and reproduce an offline learning process, and, maybe, be even better than that.
What distance learning is based on:
- learning management system (LMS),
- system stores training that is written based on the e-learning standard (one of the SCORM, Tin Can/xAPI or CMI5 versions,),
- learning record store (LRS), if educational content is based on the Tin Can/xAPI standard.
Such websites should have specific functionality for the organizers of the educational process and the students themselves. The compulsory set includes:
- content management feature,
- division of user roles,
- tasks and tests,
- tools to display the student progress,
- badges and certificates of graduation,
- video conference,
- registration through social networks.
As a Drupal development studio, we serve many areas, including distance learning. In our article on the website, we will tell you about the technical side of this hot topiс and what the e-learning website should have for its work.